Sunday 3 June 2012

DIY: Cute Bikini Top

Hey guys,

Summer is almost here, well as much of a summer as britain gets. So it will soon be time to start getting your bikinis out from storage, right? ha ha.

I like wearing bikini tops instead of bras most days, not only is it more comfortable but most of the time bikini tops are worn to be seen so with a sheer top over I find it perfect for hot days.


What I used
A bikini top as a pattern
Scissors
Cotton
Sewing machine
Fabric
Pins

First I measured my old bikini top against my fabric and allowing for a hem cut out two identical pieces of fabric.




Then I cut out about a 2 inch waist band.


I then cut out four times the widths of my current bikini strap and cut in half.

 Then i folded both sides into the centre and stitched
 Both straps done

Then i attached the cups on the inner edge of the cups and hem the outer edge of the cup and stitch.


I Then placed the cups onto the waistband with rights sides facing like so


Then i folded the waist band over tucking in the edge for seamless finish and sew.
 Make a small dart above each cup where the strap meets to straighten the strap, this will gape otherwise.

Cut off any excess cotton and done!!!!


I reckon I just saved myself £14 :)

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment